Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA-Forti VPN site-to-site

ibrahim_hassan
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

we have configured VPN site-to-site between ASA 8.2 and fortigate , suddenly we found VPN is not working with the below log message:

%ASA-5-713257: Phase 1 failure:  Mismatched attribute types for class Group Description:  Rcv'd: Group 2  Cfg'd: Group 5

when we restart ASA the issue resolved , is there any known bug related to ASA about this issue.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

jawad-mukhtar
Level 4
Level 4

It is not a failure. It just  a log message meanning that isakmp policy  list sent by the client does not use group 5. The peer sends all the  configured proposals and the first one does not match but the second one  does.

*** Do Rate Helpful Posts***

Jawad

Thanks but really the VPN tunnel didn't up till i put the matched one as the first priority.

Hi, Jawad

I have same error showing on firewall 5505, however I can ping to remote end peer from server. I see site to site vpn session as well. How can I get this error resolved.

Phase 1 (Main mode)

Lifetime: 86400s (1 day)
Encryption: AES256
Hash: SHA1
Key-Ex: Group5

PSK to be determined later.

Phase 2
Lifetime: 3600s (1 hour)
Encryption: AES256
Hash: SHA1
PFS: Group5

Phase 1 failure: Mismatched attribute types for class Group Description: Rcv'd: Group 5 Cfg'd: Group 2Group
194.138.39.1, IP = 194.138.39.1, Received non-routine Notify message: No proposal chosen (14)

I can ping to 194.138.39.24

Thank you
Shraddha