Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA LICENCE

I need to KNOW for the ASA Firepower firewall  For the Site to site VPN sessions or client to site vpn sessions need any Licence .

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

The ASA 5516X (with or without FirePOWER module) is fully licensed for site-site IPsec VPN up to the capability of the hardware (300 for that platform).

"client to site" or, properly speaking remote access VPN (whether SSL or IPsec IKEv2), require AnyConnect licenses. There are 2 Premium / Apex licenses included with all ASAs that are there primarily to try out the feature.

If you want to set it up for multiple users, you need to purchase AnyConnect. It currently is offered in two versions - Plus and Apex. Plus is a basic remote access VPN and requires the client be installed on the end user computer. Apex is the high end version with many more advanced features and can optionally be used to setup clientless SSL VPN whereby the end user needs only a browser.

See the AnyConnect product information pages for many more details.

View solution in original post

Sure. There are other features such as Advanced Endpoint Assessment and the ISE Posture module that Apex gives you.

You can also use the Apex license even if you aren't using any of the advanced features.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Puneesh Chhabra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Which ASA model you have ?

Regards,

Puneesh

ASA 5516 Firepower 

The ASA 5516X (with or without FirePOWER module) is fully licensed for site-site IPsec VPN up to the capability of the hardware (300 for that platform).

"client to site" or, properly speaking remote access VPN (whether SSL or IPsec IKEv2), require AnyConnect licenses. There are 2 Premium / Apex licenses included with all ASAs that are there primarily to try out the feature.

If you want to set it up for multiple users, you need to purchase AnyConnect. It currently is offered in two versions - Plus and Apex. Plus is a basic remote access VPN and requires the client be installed on the end user computer. Apex is the high end version with many more advanced features and can optionally be used to setup clientless SSL VPN whereby the end user needs only a browser.

See the AnyConnect product information pages for many more details.

Marvin thanks alot for your support .

You're welcome.

Please mark your question as answered if it has been

i have a question here , i know the apex licence not need client software to make a VPN but can i use a client software with apex licence such as anyconnect software.?

Sure. There are other features such as Advanced Endpoint Assessment and the ISE Posture module that Apex gives you.

You can also use the Apex license even if you aren't using any of the advanced features.