cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA-- remote client download: Must you 1st ask client his OS?

Mic_Jameson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

When preparing a remote client AnyConnect configuration with a Cisco ASA, I must have available the client software for him to download.

Am I correct in concluding that I must first ask him if he is using Windows, Mac, or Linux, so that I may then point my configuration to that specific OS client? (or is there a better configuration in which I make available all 3 downloads, and he chooses the one best for him?)

Thank you!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for your reply.

I will be tasked with erecting VPNs for teleworkers. Because I don't know what OS they are using, am I correct in asking them what OS they are using, and only then uploading that correlating package to the profile?

View solution in original post

@Mic_Jameson yes either ask them which OS they are using or just upload the package for all OS, that covers all bases. The first screenshot in this link shows you how to  upload the package.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/scansafe-secure-mobility/200387-AnyConnect-Web-Security-Deployment-throu.html

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

@Mic_Jameson The ASA requires the headend deployment package uploaded and configured for the OS the user is using to connect (Windows, MacOS and/or Linux), without the image configured users would not be able to connect.

So if your users only ever connect using Windows OS, then you only need to upload and configure the Windows package.

Thank you for your reply.

I will be tasked with erecting VPNs for teleworkers. Because I don't know what OS they are using, am I correct in asking them what OS they are using, and only then uploading that correlating package to the profile?

@Mic_Jameson yes either ask them which OS they are using or just upload the package for all OS, that covers all bases. The first screenshot in this link shows you how to  upload the package.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/scansafe-secure-mobility/200387-AnyConnect-Web-Security-Deployment-throu.html

When a user with AnyConnect / Secure Client installed first connects via the web portal, the headend ASA or FTD device will detect the client OS and offer the compatible client software (assuming you have it for the client OS already on the ASA).