Views
Helpful
Replies

Asav license query

vishal77
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have configure an Asav on VMware esxi for lab purpose and need to setup and test anyconnect vpn for same. Currently my asav showing 

"Asav platform license state is unlicensed

Install Asav platform license for fully functionality"

Is it cisco provides any evaluation or demo license to license Asav platform.

Also as I need to test and configure anyconnect on Asav so how can I get the anyconnect trail period license

Regards,

Vishal

5 Replies 5

Without a license ASAv is fully fuctional, just throughput is very limited - functionality wise, you can do everything.

Login to your Cisco account - https://software.cisco.com click traditional licensing, then request a demo/eval license for anyconnect.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can use ASAv 100Kbps(Lab Edition Mode (no license)) - with 2 any connect, you may get more when you register with a smart license because COVID-19 license for any connects.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa95/asav/quick-start/asav-quick/intro-asav.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

As already mentioned you can use the 2 AnyConnect licenses on the ASAv which are installed by default. No limitations in terms of features, so you can just ignore that message if you are not after more bandwidth or more licenses than the ones you already have.

Thanks to all for guiding me an as per my understanding i dont need an demo anyconnect license to install to run anyconnect remote vpn.

basically Now am trying to connect from within my network to connect anyconnect vpn but im unable to and getting an error

" SVC message: t/s=3/16: Profile settings do not allow VPN establishment by a remote user.
webvpn_svc_np_tear_down: no ACL
webvpn_svc_np_tear_down: no IPv6 ACL

Below are the details of deivces

Fortigate firewall IP address 192.168.230.1

Switch IP 192.168.230.254

Cisco UCS Server IP 192.168.240.2

ASAV

management ip address 192.168.240.39/24

Inside IP address 192.168.190.29/24

Outside IP Address 192.168.230.244/24

Machine IP Address 192.168.240.10 from which im trying to connect to anyconnect vpn on outside interface.

Can anyone help me regarding this. I have attached the my lab diagram alongwith debug and running config of my Asa device.

Assuming all your configs are correct, you still can't connect to the ASA outside interface from an opposite interface. That is a general rule on the ASA, an exception for this if you enable the management accesses on an interface and you try to reach it over the VPN.

Try to move your VM to the outside segment and test again please.