cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Audio With Clientless SSL/Web VPN

benny.lane
Level 1
Level 1

I've successfully configured my ASA 5505 appliance to support the clientless SSL/Web VPN. The ASA has Version 8.3(2) software release. The clients are able to connect without a problem to internal servers and PCs but the sounds the PC generates are not audible on the remote computer. If I use the client based VPN and Microsoft's RDP Client, the sounds are audible. I've looked online in both Cisco's web site and a general web search and haven't found any information on the issue. I've also looked through the ASDM configuration (Version 6.3) and haven't found any setting for audio or sound.

Is audio (bells, beeps, etc) not supported through the clientless SSL/Web VPN? If it is, how do I enable it?

1 Reply 1

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Benny,

What sort of application are we talking about?

In general we recommend DTLS to be enabled (and in used) you might want to look into disabling compression.

Can you check vpn-sessiondb for me to see if DTLS is in use and check if compression is enabled or not.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCte69234

Hope this helps,

Marcin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: