Views
Helpful
Replies

Automated ISDN Testing

riz_432
Level 1
Level 1

hye all,

Is there a way to do automated isdn testing. Basically our network consists of one central site with country wide branch sites which dial in to the central site when their primary link fails(L/Ls primary and ISDN as backup configured using floating routes) and it is anot feasible to telnet in to each router to test the isdn .We have a network monitoring s/f installed(HP Openview NNM) but with readonly snmp string.

2 Replies 2

Hello,

have a look at the Cisco Command Scheduler, which lets you run exec commands (the ´isdn test call interface´ command in your case, for testing the ISDN) at scheduled times. You need to have IOS 12.3 for support of that feature though...

Command Scheduler

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5187/products_feature_guide09186a00801b0695.html

HTH,

GP

i read the doc it is good but my problem is different my way of testing the link is to simply ping the next hop of isdn interface and the call gets established but with Kron i can schedule these pings but how i'll know that the call was established at that time . Can these routers be configured to send the call established message (say sh isdn active output) to some central software.Kindly help