cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AWS site to site vpn help

EvanC75
Level 1
Level 1

Hey, all I have a Firepower 1010 appliance and I am trying to set up AWS site to site VPN. The instructions provided by Amazon are outdated so I am looking to see if anyone has any more modern instructions available. I posted on the AWS forms as well, but have no one there knows either on this. my appliance is running firewall device manager 7.3.1. The instructions from Amazon are for 6.2.2 so nothing is matching up in the instructions to my appliance web interface.

Regards.
9 Replies 9

Is your FTD is stand-alone or it is managed by FMC? if it is managed by FMC Here  and if it is managed by FDM Here 

please do not forget to rate.

Thanks for the reply.  I did read that page before posting.  It is managed by FDM.  I think I am going to need more tailored instructions since the vpn connection doesn't really tell me if it connected or not on the firewall web interface.  So there is no way for me to tell if it is misconfigured or not.  Is there anyway for me to tell if it connected or not from the web interface or CLI?

Regards.

I did thank you.  Those instructions are tailored for v6.5.  Are there more modern instructions for FTD 7.2.8 or 7.4.2?

Regards.

same steps I think in both Ver.

MHM

Rashmy Abraham
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@Rashmy Abrahamthank you for the reply.  Do those steps also work if I am not using the secure management center?  I just have a standalone device and use the built in web ui.

Regards.

@EvanC75 I haven't tried setting up an AWS site-to-site VPN with a Firewall Device Manager. In AWS, you must create a VPC, customer gateway, and an AWS VPN connection as mentioned in the doc. I need to check the FDM configuration steps.  

Thanks.  MHM just posted instructions but they are for FTD 6.5.  If you know of more modern instructions for 7.2.8 or 7.4.2, then that would be most helpful.

Regards.