Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Azure MFA Anyconnect

Hi,

This is my situation: on the asa, for anyconnect remote-access authentication, I set up a tunnel-group to authenticate all users.
Then, in Active directory, I have several groups which correspond to different group-policies on the ASA configuration. Where, for example, a group-policy is defined only for admins and one for standard users.

I'am recently trying to integrate azure mfa with cisco anyconnect. I was trying to understand if it is possible to configure the tunnel-group on the cisco asa with both "authentication aaa certicate" (I already have this command on asa) and "authentication saml" for the azure MFA, in order to have an authentication based on both the machine certificate and the authentication two-factor via azure's MFA.

All this because I want to integrate azure MFA only for the group-policy of the administrators, without having to create two different tunnel-groups.

Anyone who has already tried such a thing? I hope I have been clear enough.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

In summary,

I want to integrate Cisco Anyconnect with Azure MFA and have only one tunnel-group, but different MFA options for different group-policy based on Active directory group member.

For the purpose I can also use Cisco ISE.

Thanks

Milos_Jovanovic
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @danielesquaranti,

No, it is not possible to use SAML and certificate based authentication at the same time, yet. You must create at least one more tunnel-group on which you'll enable SAML. Alternatively, you can change authentication method on your production tunnel-group for admin users (just make sure everything works for you before you change anything).

If you want to have different options for MFA, you'll have to do that with different Conditional Access policies on AAD side, and you can only attach one policy per Azure app, so you'll have to create multiple apps, which will correspond to different tunnel-groups.

You can use one tunnel-group and assign different group-policies per different user groups (via RADIUS and ISE).

BR,

Milos

msegersvard
Level 1
Level 1

As a simple rule: You need unique tunnel-group for each authentication method you want to implement.

If you want to check machine certificate and AzureMFA you can't use SAML. I would use radius to Windows NPS server that would handle the AzureMFA part.