Views
Helpful
Replies

Can no longer poll ASA after upgrade to ASA 9.14.1

ChuckHaynes
Level 3
Level 3

I upgraded two firewalls to ASA 9.14.1.

5516-X - located at our Corporate office - I can still SNMP (UDP/161) poll it.

5506-X - located at a remote site - I can no longer poll it via SNMP. I have rebooted it, removed and reconfigured the SNMP information and tried three different polling applications. I can see the packets come into the ASA, but it never replies. This worked fine until the ASA upgrade. Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

ChuckHaynes
Level 3
Level 3

Well, now I can no longer poll the 5516-X either. This almost has to be a bug in ASA 9.14.1...

ChristopherTan7
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I also have the same problem with my 5506-x after upgrading from 9.8.2 -> 9.14.1 

Can you advise if you were able to fix this issue and get snmp working again?

thanks!

We were able to resolve the issue by upgrading to 9.14.1.10 Interim.

Hi,

we still have the same problem with the interim 9.14.1.10
Is there anything new about this?

Apparently the 9.14.1 train is full of SNMP bugs.

9.14.1 - Original release - After upgrading to this version, we could no longer poll via SNMP at all and we had a massive memory leak that would cause the device to run out of memory and crash about every five days.

9.14.1.10 - Interim - We could poll via SNMP again, but still had the memory leak.

9.14.1.15 - Interim - We can still poll via SNMP, but are still experiencing the memory leak. We're are currenty working with Cisco TAC. The case has been open for about 2.5 months!

The release notes for 9.14.1.10 and 9.14.1.15 both say they include SNMP bug fixes... but apparenty at least once remains because they are telling us that our memory leak is being caused via SNMP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: