Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't view some files over VPN network share

cindytlq1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Our company has a few users who have a network share with another user in India. About a month a ago, we updated our VPN client and have noticed that some files became invisible. The users are able to locate the file via a terminal path but they cannot find them in the Finder. I have already tried to enable hidden file viewing but the files are still not there. It looks like this problem is related to the VPN. I'm stumped and can't figure out why its not showing these files. If anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it!

Sincerely,

Cindy

3 Replies 3

Hi,

I don't think I've seen this problem with IPsec client connections.

Are you referring to SSL VPN client? AnyConnect or clientless?

Federico.

Thanks for replying! I didn't see anything about SSL VPN or anyconnect, but it does say L2TP over IPsec. The VPN connection is under Networks on the mac, I've only used the one in windows where you run a separate application, so I'm not very familiar with the mac side.

Cindy,

As far as I know, L2TP connections are for windows.

Is the MAC able to connect (running mac OS)?

If it's able to establish the VPN connection, is it using any client to connect or just under network properties?

Federico.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: