cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Print to network printer when connect to VPN

t2pennington
Level 1
Level 1

I'm at a lose to figure out why I cannot print to a Local network printer when I'm attached to a Cisco ASA.  I have configured and it's work, Split-tunneling, but for whatever reason, I still cannot print to a network printer on my local network.

Any ideas?

8 Replies 8

Aaron O'Hare
Level 1
Level 1

Can you ping the printer?

Are you using anyconnect to connect to the VPN? If so can you take a screenshot of the AnyConnect secured routes and provide the printer IP?

-AO

Actually, no, i can't ping the printer, which is 192.168.1.26.

Yes, I'm using teh Cisco Anyconnect client software and th secured routes show "192.168.1.0/24", sorry, couldn't figure out how to include the screen shot of the client.

Your split tunneling would need to not include that subnet, if it is a secured route then the traffic for it is being sent across the tunnel and not out locally.

Do you need to tunnel the 192.168.1.0/24 route? If you were trying to exclude it (not tunnel it) then my guess is there is a config issue on the asa but I would need to see the config to confirm.

-AO

Sure, i can send the config.

Basically, this is how things look:

192.168.1.0/24 (home network) -> Internet -> ASA -> 192.168.1.0/24 (work network).

Config attached.

Based on that, with the same network on both ends, split tunneling will not be able to resolve the issue.

You would need to change one of the two to be different to be able to support this design.

The home is probably easier to change.

-AO

I figured that is what you would say and yes, that makes sense.

Thanks Aaron.

No problem good luck!

-AO

Please rate useful posts and mark answers as "correct" if applicable.