Views
Helpful
Replies

Change the default Anyconnect profiles Folder on Windows

xbill42
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to find how to change the default folder for Anyconnect profiles to something else than the folder inside %ProgramData%.

Is it possible to put the .xml profile config and the ISEpostureCFG.xml in C:\Program Files (x86)\  or maybe elsewhere ?

Best regards

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
AFAIK this is not possible. I recently encountered an issue with some client side software and how the vpndownloader.exe gets pushed here: C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Temp\Downloader. I worked with TAC and asked if we could change the path so that it could properly upgrade modules, etc., and they advised that it would need to be submitted as a feature request. IMO having it in a hidden folder is convenient to ensure end users are not making changes, etc. If you hear otherwise please share here for others. Cheers!

View solution in original post

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I agree with @Mike.Cifelli - it's not possible. I doubt Cisco will change it anytime soon (if ever).

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
AFAIK this is not possible. I recently encountered an issue with some client side software and how the vpndownloader.exe gets pushed here: C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Temp\Downloader. I worked with TAC and asked if we could change the path so that it could properly upgrade modules, etc., and they advised that it would need to be submitted as a feature request. IMO having it in a hidden folder is convenient to ensure end users are not making changes, etc. If you hear otherwise please share here for others. Cheers!

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I agree with @Mike.Cifelli - it's not possible. I doubt Cisco will change it anytime soon (if ever).

Hi,

For your information, Cisco TAC confirmed that the folder parameters are static and suggested a feature request via sales.

Best regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: