Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing AnyConnect URL

Brian Dean
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I need to change the URL that AnyConnect clients connect with and I'm looking for the easiest way of doing so without requiring clients to manually change the URL on their existing installations. This will also include going from a self-signed SSL cert on the old address to a publicly signed SSL on the new address. Could I use AnyConnect client profiles to do this even though I'm not using profiles at all now? Basically saying anyone connecting with the old address are somehow automatically forwarded to the new address. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I believe you could use a profile and make your server list refer to the FQDN and not the IP address.

Once clients had connected and their local profiles update to include the FQDN, your DNS record pointing to the new address would direct them to the desired place.

Here's where that's set in Profile Editor:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect31/administration/guide/anyconnectadmin31/ac03vpn.html#pgfId-1798377 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I believe you could use a profile and make your server list refer to the FQDN and not the IP address.

Once clients had connected and their local profiles update to include the FQDN, your DNS record pointing to the new address would direct them to the desired place.

Here's where that's set in Profile Editor:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect31/administration/guide/anyconnectadmin31/ac03vpn.html#pgfId-1798377 

I was going down that path but was able to go ahead and buy an SSL cert anyway...so that solved my immediate problem. I'm going to look at using client profiles in the future to make these kinds of changes a little easier though.