Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 871W, SDM & Windows SBS 2011 Remote Web Access

cwz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am having trouble setting up Windows SBS 2011 Remote Web Access (RWA) on an 871W router. My experience with routers is limited to home and small business routers that use a web interface to set up. So I downloaded SDM 2.5 and I'm able to update the router but don't have any idea what to do and supposedly all I have to do is forward port 443 to the IP of the SBS 2011 server. 10.1.1.176. The router is used as a wan gateway and for DHCP. If I get the external IP using whatismyip at the server I get 173.220.###.###. This is a static IP assigned by the cable company. When I try to use RWA via HTTPS I am routed to 68.15.###.###. This I don't get but I see "access-list 2 permit 68.15.###.###" in the router configuration.

Does anyone have experience with RWA and this model router?

Can anyone tell me how to forward port 443 to my server 10.1.1.176 with SDM?

If 443 is being forwarded to to another IP will this prevent forwarding to my server (e.g. "access-list 101 permit tcp host 68.15.###.### host 173.220.###.### eq 443")?

Thanks,

Chris

1 Reply 1

cwz
Level 1
Level 1

Since posting RWA has been resolved to 173.220.###.### so at least that makes sense now.

Any thoughts?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: