Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco any connect SSL VPN setup

joel75941
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a cisco 1811 router.  When I try to setup an SSL VPN, I can pretty much do everything that's required for the config (ie. setup webvpn gateway, context, etc.) but I get stuck in one spot.

When I'm configuring the webvpn context vpnTest, I'm not able to assign a virtual-template to vpnTest.  I get an unrecognized command error, and when I run "?" it doesn't come up as an available parameter.  What could be causing this?  I don't think it's because the router is too old, otherwise I probably wouldn't be able to get into the webvpn configuration to begin with (my 1711 router won't allow it).

Any thoughts?  Thanks.

5 Replies 5

can you share a screenshot of the error that you see?

Sure....I've attached a screenshot of the error and the preceding list of available commands.

Which version of IOS are you running? If I remember right, the virtual-template support was added in one of the 12.4T releases. Nowadays, you should run the newest 15.1 release on your ISR, but perhaps a RAM-Upgrade is needed for that.

You're right.  I'm running IOS ver 12.4(6)T, and this was apparently introduced in 12.4(15)T.

If I update the IOS will it wipe out any existing configs? 

If I update the IOS will it wipe out any existing configs? 

No, your config will still be there after the upgrade.