cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Any Connect takes a long time to disconnect?

Kevin_27C
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

We are using Cisco Any Connect, its taking too long a time to disconnect. We are using Cisco Any Connect Version 2.5.2014.

Could you guys kindly help.

8 Replies 8

Hi Nanda,

What you mean by taking a long time to disconnect?

Do you disconnect the client manually?

Do you disconnect the client from the VPN server?

Please clarify.

Thanks.

Portu.

Hi Javier many thanks for reply.

yes we are disconnecting it manually

I have uploaded the picture above this is where i am trying to disconnect it from.

Hi Nanda,

Please upgrade the client to the latest 2.5.x release:

AnyConnect VPN Client Software-2.5.6005

Let me know how it goes

Thanks.

Please rate any helpful posts.

Hi Portu,

Thanks a lot for answering my questions.

Im a new bie to Cisco products. I have the following questions on it

1. Slowness in disconnecting VPN- is this a bug with Cisco Any connect Ver 2.5.2014. which has been fixed  in the newer version you suggest - Anyconnect VPN Client Software -2.5.6005 ?

2. If i have to upgrage the Software do i need to do any changes in the firewall?

Kindly suggest.

Hi Nanda,

There is not a bug for the slow disconnect however there was a vulnerability that was detected with the anyconnect client so we recommend all anyconnect users to upgrade the anyconnect to the latest version.

More information about the same can be checked here:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/advisory/2736233

Answer to the second question would be that though the client will be able to connect successfully if you upgrade the client on Windows box and leave the anyconnect version same on the ASA however it is recommended that you upgrade the client version on the ASA too. To do that, please download the Anyconnect package named as "anyconnect-win-2.5.6005-k9.pkg" from cisco website and upload that on the ASA by using ASDM.

Step: Go to tools-->File Management-->Local File Transfer-->From Local PC to Flash; locate the above mentioned file and use the arrow in the middle to move it to the flash.

Once it is in flash, go to Anyconnect software and click on add to add this image to the configuration. It will be added to the configuration but will have the least priority. You have to highlight it and use the arrow to bring it aat the top.

Once the client is uploaded on the ASA, any user who will connect to the ASA, will be upgraded to the latest version.

Let us know if that fixes the issue.

Thanks,

Vishnu Sharma

Nanda,

I totally agree with Vishnu (5 stars).

On the other hand, we strongly encourage you to upgrade to a fully tested Maintenance or Feature release when it becomes available, since old bugs are fixed and new features and support are available.

Please proceed with the upgrade, if possible, and let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Portu.

Message was edited by: Javier Portuguez

Hi Portu/ Vishnu,

Let me propose to upgrade the Any connect client to my management and get back to you with the results.

Nanda

Hi Nanda,

Thanks for the heads up.

Have a good one.