cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AnyConnect 4.9.00086 excessive reconnection issues

robert.hardy
Level 1
Level 1

I currently believe that there is a defect present Cisco AnyConnect 4.9.00086, which is fixed in a later release of 4.10, which addresses performance issues around excessive VPN re-connections i.e. 20+ in an hour being triggered for Windows 10 users.

In a perfect world without process encumbrances trying the most recent AnyConnect client would be an obvious solution. That is challenging for some customers. Some customers are formalized and need justification for upgrade requests. I have found non-Cisco forums discussing the existence of the bug without providing an ID. I can't ask about it there. I need to find a specific bug which fixes this and I am not having much luck finding it. I can read a bug if I know the bug id but the Bug Search Tool is not being cooperative with respect to keyword searches about finding AnyConnect issues around re-connections. Even getting support ticket access is being process challenging. Is someone able to help locate the bug here?

3 Replies 3

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I just did a quick bug search and don't see anything relating to the described issue (Bug Search Tool (cisco.com)).  

Some customers are formalized and need justification for upgrade requests.

-Honestly there are security advisories that should warrant the upgrade.  I would think that would be enough justification to upgrade.  Have a look here: Advanced Search (cisco.com)

Plus if you test with a later version and the issue no longer exists then that is more justification.

robert.hardy
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for trying but other that confirming you aren't seeing the needed information either that isn't helpful.
If the test and see if the problem goes away solution was available to the customer I wouldn't have posted this question in the 1st place.

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you have not already done so, install DART on one of the troubled clients, generate tshoot bundle, and parse the AnyConnect event logs to see if anything sheds light.  Lastly, I would engage TAC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: