Isynth
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Community,

I am lost in the license jungle.

My ASA 5506 with SEC Plus License shows the following for Anyconnect

AnyConnect Premium Peers          : 4              perpetual
AnyConnect Essentials             : Disabled       perpetual

It shows that I can connect 4 peers to the ASA, still if I try to download the Anyconnect client image the site shows an error message informing me that I have to buy an service contract or a License for Anyconnect.

Does that mean I bought the right to connect 4 peers to the ASA cia anyconnect but not to download the client?

Anyone experience with this?

Thank you for your time.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Anyconnect is licensed separately from the ASA. Anyconnect 4.x required the Plus or APEX license to receive entitlement to download. The ASA itself has 2 free licenses per box, which made sense with the older license model. With the new license model, Anyconnect license is a requirement. I believe you may still be able to download the older Anyconnect 3.x images if it is still available on the download page.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Anyconnect is licensed separately from the ASA. Anyconnect 4.x required the Plus or APEX license to receive entitlement to download. The ASA itself has 2 free licenses per box, which made sense with the older license model. With the new license model, Anyconnect license is a requirement. I believe you may still be able to download the older Anyconnect 3.x images if it is still available on the download page.

On the official Cisco site there are no clients befor 4.x available.

Thank you for your reply