cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Anyconnect client fails to connect

brian
Level 1
Level 1

Just started a few days ago.  Client install upgrade software on a Server 2008 R2 standard server, far as I know no device drivers were installed or updated.  The next day, the Vpn client that was on the server failed to connect.  The exact error message is Connection attempt has failed.  This Anyconnect software was installed on a Windows 7 computer and it works there so network Firewall is not suspected because it had been working and no changes to the firewall were done.  I did a packet sniff and it shows traffic going back and forth to this server.  The Servers firewall it turned off to make sure that is not an issue.  Anti-Virus was uninstalled to make sure that was not an issue.  The AnyConnect software has been uninstalled, rebooted and re-installed a number of times.  We have used a 3rd part cleanup tool after uninstall to make sure all information was removed.  The Anyconnect version is 3.1.05152. 

I notice there are quite a few errors in the Cisco Anyconnect Secure Client logs before any attempt is made to connect to the VPN.  I have included the event log relivant to the

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

brian
Level 1
Level 1

This has been resolved.  I attempted to troubleshoot the issue at the firewall to rule this out.  I was going to open it up so no AV, webfiltering, or intrusion prevention services were inspecting this.  After doing that, it connected.  Something changed between Oct 31 and Nov 1 when this happened.  I had not made any changes to the firewall.  The only thing I can think of is possibly a new certificate went into effect and the security services on the firewall didn't like it.  I have since lowered inspection level of the certificate on this device.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

brian
Level 1
Level 1

This has been resolved.  I attempted to troubleshoot the issue at the firewall to rule this out.  I was going to open it up so no AV, webfiltering, or intrusion prevention services were inspecting this.  After doing that, it connected.  Something changed between Oct 31 and Nov 1 when this happened.  I had not made any changes to the firewall.  The only thing I can think of is possibly a new certificate went into effect and the security services on the firewall didn't like it.  I have since lowered inspection level of the certificate on this device.