Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AnyConnect - Employee Privacy?

Like much of the work, I am working from home. I am concerned with my personal privacy and would like to keep my personal work-related pc use separated. My employer uses Cisco AnyConnect to allow us to access our work computers. 

I assume that when I log into my employers' network (using Cisco VPN) that my pc is vulnerable to monitoring.

I would like to use a nested system to separate my personal my personal and work-related endeavors... Is the nested system below a good solution?

Personal Computer 1Other VPN service →Personal Computer 2Cisco AnyConnect + Remote Desktop Access →Work Computer
  • Does this PC stay private?
  • Can the employer legally access or monitor this device?

• Legally monitored by the employer while Cisco is in use

• Legally monitored by the employer at all times 
1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What do you mean by "nested" - like a VM? If so, you may not be able to run AnyConnect from a VM or RDP session according to how the company admin has setup the headend. The default is to not allow such access as it makes the corporate network less secure.

If your employer requires access from home, they should provide a corporate computer to do that with for those employees unable or unwilling to use a personal device.