cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Anyconnect interferring with my Windows Hello

rafal.zygula
Level 1
Level 1

I have Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client installed becasue of my school and ongoing projects etc.

Since I installed the VPN my windows blue screened on me, and after that I had no fingerprint login possible.

I checked on Windows Hello and it says its unavailable. I did all i could, reinstalling windows, upgrading even to windows 11 and nothing changes. I contacted even microsoft customer service, and they discovered my TPM is working, but not set - I can't "prepare the TPM" - its greyed out.

What should I do?

Is it surely connected with the CISCO VPN?

Please help.

2 Replies 2

Milos_Jovanovic
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @rafal.zygula,

I've been using Cisco AnyConnect along with fingerprint reader for quite a while and never had an issue. I also know bunch of people using same combination, and everything works for them perfectly.

While it is not impossible that AnyConnect causes BSOD, I saw this behavior very rarely out there (if at all). Mostly, in case of an issue, it would revert installation itself. On the other hand, you did determined that since BSOD (whatever caused it), your Hello options are not working, so I would continue troubleshooting in that direction rather then corelating it with AnyConnect.

Also, if you reinstalled Windows as you said, AnyConnect installation can't be related.

BR,

Milos

Actually...

It was ... a Microsoft TEAMS app I installed - which added a new account to my standard ms account - and that... in a way must have mess it up a bit!

Thanks for your support!