Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AnyConnect multiple concurrent connections

Matish
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

Is it possible with Cisco AnyConnect secure mobility client to allow for multiple concurrent connections in macOS?

Actually, I need to connect to multiple VPN hosts at the same time as I need to connect to servers hosted in a different location which are using different networks

Please help me out
I have seen it can be done for the Windows os , but no solution posted for Mac 

@AnyConnect 

5 Replies 5

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Just to clarify. You want to connect to 2 different VPNs at the same time using Anyconnect software?

If that’s it, it isn’t possible.

However, you can have 1 VPN using anyconnect software and another VPN using open-source openconnect software. This will allow 2 vpn connections at the same time. We won’t discuss about full vpn vs split-vpn, but it will work better with split-vpn connections.

Now, it’s not recommended and you can get some weird behaviour.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Thanks a lot, @Francesco Molino for the reply.
Well I have seen in some of the old posts, this feature of multiple concurrent connections is available for Windows.
Any chance when it will be available to Mac users?
Also, can I have more than 2 connections when I use open-source open connect software, cause I checked their documentation where it's mentioned they support only two concurrent VPN

• Supports two concurrent VPN channels; the primary is over UDP/DTLS, and the control+backup is over over TCP/TLS.

I never seen this feature on Windows with anyconnect to have the ability to mount up 2 VPNs

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

I am referring to this post , which has been commented as solution 4 years ago , Note- This solution for windows machine's only.
https://community.cisco.com/t5/vpn/cisco-anyconnect-multiple-concurrent-connections/m-p/3089008#M117299

Hi

It was about concurrent connections from different clients to the same vpn server (with the same credentials). Not two concurrent vpns from one client to different vpn servers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: