Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AnyConnect multiple concurrent connections

mmapa1980
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

We are moving away from Cisco VPN client which allows for multiple concurrent connections using a terminal server. Is it possible to do the same with Cisco AnyConnect which is to allow for multiple concurrent connections.

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aditya Ganjoo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes you can do this.

In your group-policy attributes, add the following line:

vpn-simultaneous-logins <number of concurrent sessions>

Regards,

Aditya

Please rate helpful and mark correct answers

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Aditya Ganjoo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes you can do this.

In your group-policy attributes, add the following line:

vpn-simultaneous-logins <number of concurrent sessions>

Regards,

Aditya

Hi Aditya

So does that mean I can allow multiple users against one authentication or single user authentication.

Regards

Mahesh

Hi Mahesh,

You can use the same credentials for multiple connections as per the settings.

Regards,

Aditya

Hi Aditya...where are we doing these changes?

Hi Aditya, 

This above solution is for Windows, 

For macOS Catalina and the above version how to connecting multiple concurrent VPN's connections.

May I ask if this means multiple connections work from the same workstation to different resources or if this is about multiple different workstations at the same time to one resource?

clevercat11
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Aditya,

We also have this issue.

Client with Windows Remote Desktop Server 2012. Used to use VPN client, but the endpoint is moving to Anyconnect.

Now only one can use at a time, other users cannot connect to RDP while VPN is in use.

I presume that this change is in Windows Group Policy Management, and where in Group policy is the change made?

Hi,

You need to enable Anyconnect Profile for this requirement.

You should enable <WindowsVPNEstablishment>AllowRemoteUsers</WindowsVPNEstablishment> in the XML profile.

More info on this link:

http://www.alfredtong.com/cisco/how-to-enable-cisco-anyconnect-vpn-through-remote-desktop/

Regards,

Aditya

Aditya,

Many thanks for the quick reply.

Unfortunately, we do not have access to the ASDM software required to make these configuration changes.

Also should these changes be made on the client end or at the provider end? It seems to me that this is a profile that is pushed out to the client, so any client-side changes will be over-written by the provider configuration. Am I right here?

Hi,

Yes you are correct.

You can try using the Anyconnect Profile Editor to make these changes and then use the profile on the client:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect40/administration/guide/b_AnyConnect_Administrator_Guide_4-0/anyconnect-profile-editor.html

Regards,

Aditya