Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AnyConnect on a MAC Error - Unable to verify the IP forwarding table

itsadmin2187
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I am having an issue with a MAC user running Sierra and Cisco AnyConnect, see the error below. I have tried Cisco's recommendation with no luck. I know that there is no IP confliction. I also turned off "Back to My Mac" ICloud service. 

If I had to guess, I would presume that there may be some service that is causing the issue. Unfortunately, this person is on vacation and will be back on the 19th of June and I do not have access to the MacBook. I would like to have a few things to try when she gets back though.

Thank you for your help!

-JD

The VPN client was unable to successfully verify the IP forwarding table 
modifications. A VPN connection will not be established.

Description    AnyConnect could not verify the successful application of all the VPN configuration settings to the local IP forwarding table. A VPN connection is not permitted because settings that are not applied could compromise both its security and operation. Other software running on the endpoint might also be actively altering the IP forwarding table, interfering with the AnyConnect configuration.

Recommended User Response    Restart the computer or device. Exit all applications. Restart the VPN connection. If necessary, report the error to your organization's technical support.

Above information was pulled from

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect30/user/messages/ac30-vpn-user-msgs.html

2 Replies 2

Hello,

which build is the MacBook running, and which AnyConnect version is installed ? AnyConnect and Apple is very buggy...

Hi Georg and thank you for your reply. Since I do not have the MacBook I cannot look up the specific build, but I do know that it was purchasing about a month ago and is running the Sierra OS. The Cisco AnyConnect version is 4.4.00243. We have a few other Mac users that are not having issues, not to mention the approximately 100 other PC users that remote in.

-JD