Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AnyConnect question ?

gpare91169
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

Is it possible to configure AnyConnect client to keep a list of the last VPN connection ?

Thank You

6 Replies 6

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It looks like yours already has a listing.

Do you want to have it NOT show that or is the listing incorrect?

The listing should show the profile (or profiles) that have been downloaded into your profile directory (a hidden directory at C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Profile in Windows 7). They should be sorted alphabetically by "DefaultHostName" field. The one that's highlighted should be taken from the preferences.xml file in  C:\Users\<local_username>\AppData\Local\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client (on Windows 7).

It's not a list this is the unique address.

If it possible I need to have a list of all my customers VPN, without having to retype the entry after each connection. At this time only the last successful connection is keep.

Thank you

As long as your customers have properly formed profile files on their ASA and have not restricted the users' actions, the files should download to your local directory and result in your having a drop down list with all the available profiles.

I do this as well and have about a dozen in my drop down list.

You can also create your own bare bones profile using one and changing the hostname and alias as appropriate.

That's whats I think, but did you know exactly with setting in the configuration should I verify ?

I already create a profile will all user action allowed, but still not working.

Thank you

There are a lot of fields that may be populated in an AnyConnect profile but a bare bones one looks something like the following (with the "xxxx" being your host's name and the host address line containing wither the FQDN or IP address of your headend gateways (ASAs or IOS routers):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<AnyConnectProfile xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/encoding/">
  <ServerList>
    <HostEntry>
      <HostName>xxxx</HostName>
      <HostAddress>xxxx.xxxx.com</HostAddress>
      <PrimaryProtocol>SSL</PrimaryProtocol>
    </HostEntry>
  </ServerList>
</AnyConnectProfile>

The above is stored in a profile file (xxxx.xml) and there's one profile for each connection in your drop down list.

Thank already done that, but which confiugration on the ASA side should I look to see if my profile overwrite the List on anyconnect client ?

Thank you