Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Will Damage your computer - OSX

Jolou1988
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've installed Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility on OSX from anyconnect-macos-4.7.02036-core-vpn-webdeploy-k9.dmg which I got from my company. 

Now every 1s a popup window appears stating "xxx" will damage your computer and Cisco Anyconnect won't open.

Every single runnable inside /opt/cisco/anyconnect/lib and  /opt/cisco/anyconnect/bin as for instance vpnagentd is marked as spam.

It also don't uninstall either since it requires to run runnable inside those paths.

Any quick advise on how to overcome those issues?

Regards,

João Loureiro

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello - I experienced the same exact issues. I was able to obtain a newer version of the AnyConnect client (4.8.03036), and I installed it right over the older version (4.7.00136), and it worked perfectly. The pop-ups are gone and I can now connect to the company's VPN successfully.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Teleclashter
Level 1
Level 1

Also dealing with this problem. Tried uninstalling, removing, and wiping all of Cisco AnyConnect and then did a reinstall. During the running package scripts part of the install, the vpnagentd malware warning pops up and once I hit okay it finishes the install, but then when I try to open Cisco AnyConnect it crashes and states it can't open the program, and the vpnagentd and other files with "malware" continue to pop up about every 5-10 seconds.

Hello - I experienced the same exact issues. I was able to obtain a newer version of the AnyConnect client (4.8.03036), and I installed it right over the older version (4.7.00136), and it worked perfectly. The pop-ups are gone and I can now connect to the company's VPN successfully.

Where did you get the later version? One of my users uninstalled AnyConnect and went to the AnyConnect portal to reinstall it, and it installed version 4.7.02036, which still has the same problem.

I got the later version from my company. It can be downloaded from here, https://software.cisco.com/download/home but you need a login and a valid service contract associated with your profile.

I got this from my grad school and now don't have a service contract to get a newer version. Is there another way to get rid of this error?

Contact the IT help desk at your grad school to report the problem. they should provide a newer version of the client software for all users.