Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AnyConnect VPN 4.4 Issues

I am running a Windows 10 machine and we are a O365 shop. When I connect to my VPN remotely to access servers within our environment I loose all connection to my O365 products as well as connection to the Internet. I did some searching on-line and tried checking the VPN settings and my network settings. Is there something that I am missing? Is there a reason I can't access the Internet and my O365 tools while connected using AnyConnect? 

1 Reply 1

thiland
Level 3
Level 3

It sounds like the VPN tunnel is setup as "tunnel-all" which will send all traffic over the VPN tunnel, including internet/O365.

Your ASA is also probably not setup to handle the required intra-interface routing and ACL/NAT to allow VPN connections coming in from the Outside interface to go back out the Outside interface for internet.

The solution is to ensure same-security-traffic permit intra-interface, ACLs, and NATs from OUTSIDE to OUTSIDE are configured.

Alternately, some might recommend a split tunnel whereby only internal networks go across the tunnel, but I would avoid this for security reasons unless you have an off-VPN security mechanism in place (host-based IPS, firewal, Umbrella, etc.).