cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AnyConnect VPN won't install, says There is a newer version of the AnyConnect client already installed

markcorsham
Level 1
Level 1

I had an issue with my Cisco Anyconnect VPN not working, so uninstalled it. I've tried a new install and now I get the message "There is a newer version of the AnyConnect client installed" and it won't tell me install it at all. I've gone through various recommendations on the site included this :-

Go to "Regedit" and search for "Deterministic Networks" and delete it.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SOFTWARE\Deterministic Networks

Search with the following keywords in the registry, under "Uninstall" or  "Components" folders and delete any related entries.

Vpnapi

Vpngui

Cisco

CVPND

CVPNDRA

Ipsecdialer

Source: https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3728011#3728011

But I've still got the same problem, and just cant find anything to help !

15 Replies 15

ALIAOF_
Level 6
Level 6

Have you tried installing it from the ASA's login page?

d

I dont have access to that, I have a corporate version which is provided and I'm installing on Windows 7.

What about when you go to "start" and then type AnyConnect in that little box anything shows up?

No only the exe file of the new program I want to install.

v.prisiajni
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an issue with this as well. VPN stopped working (VPN network adapter disappeared and client would not connect) . I did standard uninstall and ever since, I can not get this error message to go away. I have cleaned all Cisco entries, removed temp files and folders, cleaned registry entries, and rebooted several times to no avail. HELP!

Steve.ODonoghue
Level 1
Level 1

I have the identical issue reported in the original post.

It seems that AnyConnect may have stopped working after installing the latest Windows updates.

Tried uninstalling AnyConnect (Successful)

Tried re installing AnyConnect (Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client for Windows 2.5.6005)

Got the attached error message

Hey, has anyone found a solution to this issue?

I'm facing the same issue on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit when trying to install Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client  3.1.02026.

Thanks.

Disable Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) and then try You can disable ICS in two ways:

Per Adapter:

1. Click the Start button.
  2. Click on Control Panel.
  3. Click on View Network Status and Tasks
  4. Click on Change adapter settings
  5. Right-click the shared connection and choose Properties
  6. Click the Sharing tab
  7. Clear the Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection checkbox
  8. Click OK

System Wide:

1. Click the Start button (Windows' orb)
  2. Type: services.msc and press ENTER
  3. Double-Click on Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
  4. Change Startup Type to Disabled
  5. Reboot the computer

You can now try reinstalling the WiscVPN client again

Jawad

creating a new administrator account and try installing from that account

Jawad

Hi Jawad,

Thank you for the tips. It still didn't work for me as I never had Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) enabled.

I've tried Microsoft FixIt, but it didn't recognize the Cisco AnyConnect software on my machine.

The last suggestion didn't work either. I'm still looking for more options, I guess I'll try regmon.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks, Silvio

My issue got resolved by using  ifcleanup.x64.

SquareLogics
Level 1
Level 1

I had a simular issue. I was able to login with another admin account and remove and reinstall the software. You can see my full process here:

http://squarelogics.com/cisco-anyconnect-secure-mobility-client-fails-to-start-install-windows-7-x64/

I hope that this helps you!

spharo
Level 1
Level 1

We deployed the latest version through Configuration Manager.  Most user didn't have a problem but those that did I had to

Navigate to

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT – Installer – Products

Delete any Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client entries

Maybe this will help someone who deploys the client through System Center or Group Policy.