cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5505 is it possibel to create a VPN PRESHARED without it authentication with the local user?

vnon3luv701
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

under my ASA in local there isn't any user and we don't' want to create one. We want everyone in our small office to have a Preshared key and with a Tunnel group that it, we don't want it to authenticate with the local user because we have none.

Each time I try to connect with VPN client, after entering the tunnel group and the preshared key it will ask me for a username and password which is referring to a local user which we don't have. 

Any input? Thank you. 

4 Replies 4

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can't stop the username/password prompt.  You could just create a dummy user that everyone uses.

Hello,

I am not sure if this helps, but if you don't want your AnyConnect users (assuming that AnyConnect is what your VPN clients are using) to be prompted, you might consider configuring SBL (Start Before Logon)...

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect41/administration/guide/b_AnyConnect_Administrator_Guide_4-1/configure-vpn.html#ID-1428-000000d7

SBL does not remove the username/password prompt.

I guess the only way to remove it would be to go to a full certificate deployment.  This is definitely not something you would want to do if the effort to creating a user account is already too much.

I found a config from a friend that helped with the setup, it no longer asks for a username and password. Not sure exactly which command field but I'm assuming  isakmp ikev1-user-authentication none?

group-policy name internal                      

group-policy name attributes                  

dns-server value 192.168.10.2               

dhcp-network-scope 172.25.25.0                         

vpn-tunnel-protocol IPSec                       

split-tunnel-policy tunnelspecified                       

split-tunnel-network-list value name_splitTunnelAcl                   

default-domain value name.local                        

tunnel-group name type remote-access              

tunnel-group name general-attributes                

default-group-policy name                     

dhcp-server 192.168.10.2