Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA VPN Licensing

edw
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I have a Cisco ASA 5510 whihc has the CIsco Security Plus Licenses and 10 SSL AnyConnect Premium Peers. DOes this license me to deploy AnyCOnnect v4 ? Or is there more licensing I have to add??

To date we have been using the old Cisco VPN client. I want to now deploy a SSL(TLS) based VPN both web and client based...

Thanks

Ed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No, that licencing is only valid for AnyConnect V3.x.  You will need new licencing - but you have a really old platform.

I would consider getting a new ASA 5516 if you were going to get new licencing.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No, that licencing is only valid for AnyConnect V3.x.  You will need new licencing - but you have a really old platform.

I would consider getting a new ASA 5516 if you were going to get new licencing.

Many thanks - Yes we are looking at a new platform but was hoping to do in September in line with end of support. Many thanks

Ed

You *really* should not wait to replace a firewall till the end of support date. This is a security device. You considerably expose your business by not keeping your security up to date.

Are a charity so money has to be balanced. We are still receiving bug fixes and secuirty fixes till that date.....so short of new features this should make the firewall obsolete???..

Ed

Your old firewall lacks any ability to stop any form of modern attack.  You pretty much have next to no protection from that firewall.  This is what happens if you don't keep your firewall technology up to date to match the threat landscape.

May I ask what forms of attack we are talking about? Thou mostly we are lacking IPS on the current ASA as far as I believe. We arent to far behind train wise on the IOS.