Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco easy vpn server and multiple protected networks

alexbak79
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all

I’m experiencing problem with cisco easy vpn server.

Tested with equipment: cisco vpn client on Iphone4 to cisco 887 easy vpn server.

The problem: I have created a vpn profile with multiple protected networks but it connects to the network that is first on the access list O_o.

The problem does not stop here. Even though it connects on the first network, some applications for example file browsing, files can be viewed but cannot be streamed! However when I remove split tunneling (no acl 110) from vpn profile, everything works fine on vpn, it can reach other networks and stream files BUT I lose connectivity on the internet (on iphone)

I don’t have any problem with the same configuration when I use cisco vpn client on the PC. Everything works as it should. This happens only on iphone.

Can please anyone confirm if cisco vpn client on iphone has problem with multiple protected networks?

P.S. Tested with no access lists on relevant interfaces that deny traffic and with firewall on the pc disabled

3 Replies 3

GiorgiChubko
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Alex,

I have exactly same problem with IPad. Try to configure SSL vpn server on router, and use cisco SSL AnnyConnect client for IPhone.

i got really disapointed. i hoped for a workaround if not for a solution. Anyways i can't use this feature on the router because i have and want to keep running advanced ip services licence instead of advanced security for ssl vpn.

i suspect that this has to do completely with vpn client on apple devices because as i wrote earlier i have no problems using vpn client on pc. I hope apple and cisco do something after all these years for this. It is a really feature... and even better on mobile devices.

any other ideas?

I think you don’t have to change ios image, advanced ip services supports ssl vpn, and for ssl feture you can use demo license for testing.