Views
Helpful
Replies

CIsco IOS Thin Connect ssl vpn (Java 8)

CHRIS YEO
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

So Java 8 has been out for a while, and so far, the Java app will not run on Java 8.

I have tested this on multiple versions of ios, and with multiple hardware platforms.  I have also tried with and without 3rd party certs.

Anyone have this working?

Thanks!

Chris

6 Replies 6

Nick W
Level 1
Level 1

Java 8.x tries to use TLS 1.2. Your IOS device might not support this so try and deselect TLS 1.2 and  TLS 1.1 on the advanced tab of the java config.

Thanks, I had the same issue. The router would FIN the connection after the Client hello packet.  I de-selected TLS 1.2 and 1.1 leaving only TLS 1.0 in the java client config and was able to download and launch the Jar file.

Hi!

After doing that, the java applet starts but traffic doesn go through.

If I uninstall java 1.8 and install java 1.7, it works. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks!

I have primarily added sites to the exception list.  Do firmware updates as well.

No, the problem remains. I have added the URL to the exception list, the cert of the router as a safe site, the cert of my CA. FireFox and Java trust my router. Furthermore, I get the green lock in the firefox and nothing show me a warning. When I click on the buttom to start the thin-client, the applet starts perfectly without warnings. I try to ssh one server in my LAN and the applet (or some thing in mi computer) closes the connection. I can see it using netstat command. It works perfectly when y downgrade java to version 7.

I am running c1841-adventerprisek9-mz.151-4.M12a.bin on a Cisco 1841. As far as I know, it is the last version of IOS for a Cisco 1841.

Any Ideas?

Thanks!

I think I have found key, but I don know how to fix it. Java uses TLS1.0 to download the app, but when I try to ssh through the thin-client Java tries to connect using TLS1.2, and my router drops the connection. I don't know why Java starts again with TLS 1.2 because I Disabled it in the control panel.

Does anyone know how to solve it?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: