cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISR 4331 as a VPN for small office.

ArkaGdynia
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to configure ISR 4331 to act as a VPN for small office. Mainly to allow people working from home. If yes, what license I should buy?

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

While I believe it is better to do Remote Access VPN on an ASA it is possible to configure Remote Access VPN on an IOS router. A 4331 with the security license should be fine for that purpose. This link has information about configuring AnyConnect on IOS router that I hope you will find helpful

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/anyconnect-secure-mobility-client/200533-AnyConnect-Configure-Basic-SSLVPN-for-I.html

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks, but are you absolutely sure that is the right one? I found also that I need FL-4330-HSEC-K9=

It will be installed on device running within EU.

I was under the impression that the HSEC was the security license that I mentioned. Perhaps I did not understand correctly. You ask if I am absolutely sure and the answer is that no I am not absolutely sure. The document indicates that an IOS router with the security license can implement AnyConnect Remote Access VPN and in general I trust the document. But there could be some complexities that I do not understand - especially when considering that there are some restrictions on support of cryptography for International customers. You will need to find someone who is more authoritative than me to get an absolutely sure answer about this.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick