Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber Secure Connect and Cisco Anyconnect Client on iPhone and iPad

jufehr007
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

can somebody tell me if it would be possible to use Cisco Jabber with Secure Connect (SSL VPN) at the same time as a Cisco Anyconnect Connection?? The reason behind that is, that we have a customer who wants do deploy Cisco Jabber on this company iPads (iPad2) and iPhones (iPhones 4 S). They want to use the newest Cisco Jabber and Cisco Anyconnect Client. And the need is, that they can use Secure Connect for the phone calls. But at the same time if needed they need to use Anyconnect to access Sharepoint. Sharepont is located at a central location behind a ASA5520. Secure Connect connections will be established direct to the local office (also a ASA in place).

It would help me also, if somebody can tell me if iPhones or iPads support more than one VPN connection at a time, especially if it comes from different Apps.

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 Reply 1

Hi Juerg,

As far as TCP, the device should open a different socket for each SSL connection, so the iPhone must be able to handle both connections at the same time (as long as Apple does not define the oposite).

Nevertheless, I am not sure how well the AnyConnect and Secure Connect clients would behave when running at the same time.

I think you could give it a try (lab test)and if you run into any abnormal behaviour, then it would be a good idea to open a TAC case for further investigation.

Thanx.

Portu.