Helpful
Replies

Cisco Router to SSL VPN Configuration

ichacon00
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Support.

Had a question regarding this scenario.

One of our customers currently has SSLVPN enabled for its remote users and I was wondering if there is anyway to configure a remote Cisco router to connect via IPSEC to this SSLVPN endpoint? the idea is simply to setup the tunnel without requiring any changes on my customers end.

Thanks in advance.

Ivan Chacon

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Gervia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

IPSEC and SSLVPN are 2 different configurations, there is no way to have one router configured for IPSec and connect to the other one without changing that end as well.  You can run IPSec and SSLVPN on the same router, however.

There are lots of IOS Lan to Lan configuration guides, or if you want the router to act as a client, look up doing EZVPN.

HTH

--Jason

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jason Gervia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

IPSEC and SSLVPN are 2 different configurations, there is no way to have one router configured for IPSec and connect to the other one without changing that end as well.  You can run IPSec and SSLVPN on the same router, however.

There are lots of IOS Lan to Lan configuration guides, or if you want the router to act as a client, look up doing EZVPN.

HTH

--Jason

Thanks for the response Jason,

I understand they are different technologies and am also familiar with ezvpn and multiple site to site (LAN to LAN) configuration options. I was just trying to see if there was anything that could be done on my end without requiring changes on the remote end which i dont control.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: