cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV260 to IPhone IOS 13 built-in IPsec VPN

Cang_Household
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to Cisco products and commercial networking (I am using it for home, so overkill).

I bought a Cisco RV260 Small Business Router recently and tried to configure its VPN IPSec Client-to-Server to connect with an IPhone's built-in VPN IPsec.

Despite the Client (IPhone) and Server (RV260) can find and talk to each other, I am constantly getting the error message "no IKE config found for [server IP]...[client IP], sending NO_PROPOSAL_CHOSEN" in VPN logs. I did search online and seem that my encryption types and algorithms are mismatched between the VPN server and client. However, I cannot manually set or check the default encryption types and algorithms used by IPhone's built-in IPSec VPN (this configuration page has Cisco logo?). Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

RV260 does not support AnyConnect, unlike RV345, which has dual-WAN features that I do not need.

Thank you for helping.

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello balaji.bandi,

The post you referenced uses PPTP as the protocol, unfortunately that is not an option for me to use PPTP. I have to use IPsec for VPN.

Cang_Household
Level 1
Level 1

This issue is resolved, thanks to a Cisco Small Business service engineer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: