Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco secure desktop prelogin policies

desrochj1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we have just done 2 upgrades on our asa 5510...

1. we upgraded our 5510 ASA firmware from 6.21 to 6.41

2. we also upgraded to the latest csd package

(we have upgraded from 3.5.841 to 3.5.2008)

after 2 reloads, it seems that all my prelogin policies are gone

i try enable / disable CSD and it just don't go back...

i only have the default policy

what can i do to bring them back ?

any clues on this ?

thanks for help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hdashnau
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You might not be able to recover this, but check to see if any of your old config still exists in the flash.

The CSD information is stored in a file called "data.xml" It exists on the flash of the ASA in the sdesktop directory. You can try to tftp this file off the ASA flash and see if it contains any remenants of your previous csd config.

cd desktop

dir

(you should see file called data.xml)

copy flash:/sdesktop/data.xml tftp

If when you view that file you don't see any of your old CSD location settings, then I think you will be out of luck unless you have a copy of it saved someplace else.

-heather

Please remember to rate all posts that help you and mark the question as resolved.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

hdashnau
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You might not be able to recover this, but check to see if any of your old config still exists in the flash.

The CSD information is stored in a file called "data.xml" It exists on the flash of the ASA in the sdesktop directory. You can try to tftp this file off the ASA flash and see if it contains any remenants of your previous csd config.

cd desktop

dir

(you should see file called data.xml)

copy flash:/sdesktop/data.xml tftp

If when you view that file you don't see any of your old CSD location settings, then I think you will be out of luck unless you have a copy of it saved someplace else.

-heather

Please remember to rate all posts that help you and mark the question as resolved.

we took xml from a backup and it worked.

all our prelogin policies are back on the ASA

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: