cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco sr520 VPN configuration and deployment

kevin
Level 1
Level 1

Hope one of the cisco genius' can help me out. I have a small business with one sr520 edge router. The network is up and running fine but I need to allow remote users to connect back to a vpn at the office in order to access user winxp Pcs using RDP remotedesktop.

I have searched the web and cisco forums and see there are quite a few vpn configurations but I found no clear setup guide for accomplishing what I understood to be pretty simple. "allow 5 outside users to connect back to the office and work as if they were sitting in the office"

Question:

1. What client software is needed on the remote client pc to connect back back to the sr520 vpn? Can I use the windows pptp vpn client or the built-in Mac client?

2. My router shows three items labeled vpn. VPN remote, VPN Server and SSL VPN...i have tweaked each of these screens but still not been able to connect an outside client. Is there a setup guide to explain the features of this router and how to use it.

3. after poking around the Cisco site for a vpn client i am wondering why do I need a support contract to use a feature of a router I just bought? Does Firmware and client software cost extra?

Thanks for any assistance you can offer...

Kevin Hall

Houston Tx

0 Replies 0