Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO Umbrella - disconnect?

willodraffas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

So my company just 'upgraded' to CISCO Umbrella. We had CISCO VPN for WFH and they've now added Umbrella.

I am using my own device on Windows 11 and when I disconnected the VPN, Umbrella continued. So, I restarted and apparently it listed itself as start on pc turn on (which kinda annoys me ngl) so I managed to turn that off.

However, I am not able to locate a way (other than going into the services tab in task manager) to get Umbrella to turn off when I d/c the VPN. Does anyone know?

Like yeah, it's not hard but it pisses me off that they seemingly intentionally make it difficult to turn off Umbrella.

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

ccieexpert
Level 4
Level 4

Umbrella provides DNS security when VPN is off (or on ), so that the user is protected when they are not connected to the VPN and off prem. It is working as designed..

The only way to disable it from services  provides they havent locked it down.. since it is your personal machine just stop it from services.

Ofcourse, it can also suspend itself when connected to VPN or TND (trusted network detection) or when it detect a virtual appliance.. none of these conditions are in your case.

**Rate post as helpful if it was useful **