cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VPN 3000 at work & printing at home

dialsing1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco VPN at my work office that I can use to get to my office network from home by using my VPN client. Unfortunately I cannot print to my home printer (which is on a switch) while I am connected to the VPN. After I disconnect from the VPN I am able to print again to my home printers. What can i do to configure this so that I can see my home printers on my switch while I am connected to the VPN at work.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Diane

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Diane,

It's very likely that you are using the same subnet at home as exists at your office. For example, if you use 192.168.1.X at home and the VPN is setup to send all 192.168.1.X traffic throught the tunnel because that is your office network, you would see this symptom. A simple fix in this case would be to change your home network to 192.168.0.X

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Diane,

It's very likely that you are using the same subnet at home as exists at your office. For example, if you use 192.168.1.X at home and the VPN is setup to send all 192.168.1.X traffic throught the tunnel because that is your office network, you would see this symptom. A simple fix in this case would be to change your home network to 192.168.0.X

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Thank you, Brandon.

troseberry
Level 1
Level 1

It sounds like the VPN at your work office is configured to not allow split tunneling. You'll probably have to discuss this with your system administrator.