Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VPN AnyConnect client issue

toppypraise_86
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

I have this issue with my cisco AnyConnect on my iPhone , whenever connection of VPN is established using my network VPN on my iPhone, I notice I can’t browse the internet again,does anyone have the solution this ASAP 

9 Replies 9

Milos_Jovanovic
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @toppypraise_86,

I would recommend to start with identifying what kind of VPN you have - full tunnel or split tunnel. If it is a full tunnel, then all traffic is being tunneled back to your VPN gateway, and you'll need to troubleshoot it from there on. If it is a split tunnel, then you need to check your DNS configuration, to ensure you can resolve domains you are browsing.

Kind regards,

Milos

sorry for the late response, yes please i use split tunnel, and the issue now is that it is peculiar to iPhone only because i do not experience this on other phones like an android, would you mind assist to itemize steps on how to get it resolved or do you think this is peculiar to apple?  

split-tunnel, and only IPhone then this issue is dns, 
the OS have different behave for DNS lookup, 
can you check the DNS when anyconnect work and DNS when it not work ?

Dears,
Many thanks for the following up,
The checking of the DNS is it on the phone or ?

in phone,
we need to see what is DNS server phone use when it use anyconenct and when not use it, 
then from these info we will choose the right config to solve issue.

Milos_Jovanovic
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is this a managed iPhone and VPN configuration is managed by some MDM? Or this is private and manual VPN configuration? Are you using the same VPN profile and connection point for both iPhone and other devices?

Kinds regards,

Milos

Yes please it’s a private phone of individual, I discovered everyone using iPhone when connected to the VPN is unable to connect to internet during connection

Milos_Jovanovic
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If this is a private VPN, and you are using split-tunnel, the only remaining thing that crosses my mind could be DNS. Could you please verify what DNS servers are assigned to you via VPN, and if you are able to resolve DNS names. Apart from that, you'll need to check ASA/FTD configuration, to figure out what is going on.

If it was a managed phone, I would suspect for per-app VPN or some MDM policy that prevents you from using certain apps (like browser or similar). Given it is unmanaged one, this can be excluded.

Kind regards,

Milos

this is a private Telephone and it seems it is generic as my own iphone also couldn't connect