Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VPN Client blocks incoming connections

Chris_Duse
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i have somethimes (not allways) a problem with the Cisco VPN Client.

As soon as the CISCO VPN Client is installed (it needs not to be running) he blocks incoming connections from the LAN.

The problem is that i use Ultra VNC SC for supporting some of my customers. An other customer is supported by Cisco VPN. The customers with the UltraVNC SC Client try to build up a connection to my PC.

But if i have installed the cisco VPN Client, no incoming connections are possible.

How can I change this behaviour???

This behaviour is not always the same. The last two month incoming connections have been possible but from one day to the other it is not possible any more.

I have newly installed the Client, but it takes no effect :-(

I have NOT activated the Cisco Firewall on the VPN Client and the behavior is NOT only if the Client is activ. It is the same behaviour if he is NOT active and just installed.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mpalardy
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Chris,

Is zone-alarm installed on the faulty PC?

Try to restart Cisco VPN-service and launch the vpn-client.

I remember having a similar problem w/ Cisco VPN-Client. Some conflictual between VPN-client and Zone-Alarm installed on same PC.

The problem was with VSDATANT variables in the registry key.

Please see the following mail took from another forum:

http://www.outpostfirewall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9917

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mpalardy
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Chris,

Is zone-alarm installed on the faulty PC?

Try to restart Cisco VPN-service and launch the vpn-client.

I remember having a similar problem w/ Cisco VPN-Client. Some conflictual between VPN-client and Zone-Alarm installed on same PC.

The problem was with VSDATANT variables in the registry key.

Please see the following mail took from another forum:

http://www.outpostfirewall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9917

Thank you very much :-)

I have made it running by reinstalling it some times. But if this error appears another time, i will try this work-around.

Thanks a lot

Oh, i dont have any Desktop-Firewall installed. But i think this work-aroung would help also.