Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VPN Client connected but no network traffic

I have configured Cisco remote access VPN on most of my ASA firewalls without any issue until I have updated all of those ASA to version 8.2.4. It seems that when VPN clients connect to the ASA, they get successful connection but no traffic is happening. I am not sure where the problem lies now because all this remote access VPNs are working before the update. Has anyone encountered this issue before? The ASA versions are 5510s and 5520s. To have a brief idea on the setups please see below:

Scenario 1 (most of our clients)

VPN client (outside) --> INTERNET --> ASA 5510/5520 (successful connection) --> inside network (no network traffic traversing the remote access tunnel)

Scenario 2 (our office, where I remote connect to our clients, Client X represents specific client)

VPN client (inside) --> ASA 5510 --> INTERNET --> Client X ASA 5510/5520 (successful connection) --> Client X network (no network traffic traversing the remote access tunnel)

Thank you for the assistance.

Dorwin

1 Reply 1

andamani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Looks like a problem with the nat exemption.

Could you please paste the output of

1. sh run nat

2. sh run  | in pool. which pool are we using for RA VPN

3. Also let me know the internal network we are trying to access.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anisha

P.S.: please mark this thread as answered if you feel your query is resolved. Do rate helpful posts.