Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VPN client with internet

mohamed sebaey
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have a big problem , we have implemented Cisco VPN client to allow connect from outside to our internal servers . My issue that all users get access to internet during using Cisco VPN client. We used split tunneling , but still all VPN clients get access to internet. Any advise to prevent internet access through VPN client.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Earlier you said you were allowing split tunnel. Are you still doing that?

We'd need to see all of the VPN configuration - including any access-lists or objects it references - to provide complete guidance.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The primary purpose of split tunneling is to allow the clients to access their local networks and maintain local Internet access.

If you don't want that then disable split tunneling and only give them routes to the servers or subnets that you want them to access while on VPN.

Thanks so much for your answer , but my issue regarding internet access through my campus by VPN. I need to prevent internet access within my campus by VPN . I need only VPN users to access servers and got limited access for internet.

Thanks

You can add a VPN filter to your remote access VPN configuration to restrict what address and services clients may access.

Here is a guide to that feature.

Hello

i applied the below

access-list vpnfilt-ra extended permit ip 172.10.0.0 255.255.255.240 host 10.0.0.50
access-group vpnfilt-ra in interface outside 

but still vpn users able to access internet , how can i block internet access for vpn users.

Any help

Earlier you said you were allowing split tunnel. Are you still doing that?

We'd need to see all of the VPN configuration - including any access-lists or objects it references - to provide complete guidance.

hello

thanks , i will delete split-tunnel and enable only vpn filter tunnel and i will share with you all configuration soon.

Thanks

thanks a lot, now it is working as we need.