Views
Helpful
Replies

combining Anyconnect and clientless ssl webvpn

S891
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I have two ASA firewalls and running two VPNs - one for a clientless ssl webvpn and other for Anyconnect vpn . I am planning to combine these two VPNs Firewalls on a single ASA firewall. So this new firewall will be runnign both VPNs. Now looking at the current config I see these are the two global "webvpn" configurations. How can I combine these two on new firewall? How would these be differentiated?

Clientless SSL WebVPN ASA config:

webvpn
 enable eth0
 smart-tunnel list AllExternalApplications All-Applications * platform windows
 smart-tunnel list WEBVPN GALAXY www.GALAXY.edu platform windows

Anyconnect VPN ASA config:

webvpn        
 enable eth0  
 anyconnect-essentials
 anyconnect image disk0:/anyconnect-linux-3.1.09013-k9.pkg 1
 anyconnect image disk0:/anyconnect-linux-64-3.1.09013-k9.pkg 2
 anyconnect image disk0:/anyconnect-macosx-i386-3.1.09013-k9.pkg 3
 anyconnect image disk0:/anyconnect-win-3.1.09013-k9.pkg 4
 anyconnect profiles ABC-PRIV disk0:/abc-priv.xml
 anyconnect enable
 tunnel-group-list enable

The "webvpn" config in the group-policy should be fine, I think, as there will be separate group policies for each. is tehre any other area of config that may have some conflicts/issues combining the two types of vpns?

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, I believe you're right - I was just doing something similar on a client's ASA.

The group-policies will have one or the other vpn-tunnel-protocol method applied as an attribute.

I used the convention of giving each group-alias in the tunnel-group (connection profile) section a meaningful name to indicate clientless vs. AnyConnect client-based

hi Marvin, so it should be ok to combine these two under single "webvpn" global config? SOmething like this ...?

webvpn
 enable eth0
 smart-tunnel list AllExternalApplications All-Applications * platform windows
 smart-tunnel list WEBVPN GALAXY www.GALAXY.edu platform windows
 anyconnect-essentials
 anyconnect image disk0:/anyconnect-linux-3.1.09013-k9.pkg 1
 anyconnect profiles ABC-PRIV disk0:/abc-priv.xml
 anyconnect enable
 tunnel-group-list enable

All except the "anyconnect-essentials" should be OK. That one disables any Premium licenses on the appliance.

You must use the Premium license in order to use the clientless features.

It's not a problem since all of the features available in the Essentials license are also available in Premium

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: