cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure local authentication on 3700 router

david-flores
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3700 router that I need to put in a remote office for about 5 users that need to dial in and access a couple of servers local to that router. The router has a PRI 1CT1-CSU network module. Can somebody provide a link to guide me to setup a config like this? I tried searching on the support page, but could not find any documents specific to this setup. Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

David

I am not clear whether your post is a request for just the authentication pice or whether you are asking for help with the dial up configuration.

If your question is about the authentication then it would help us if you could tell us some things about the router. Most especially is the router using AAA for authentication of telnet/SSH/console access?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

I guess it would be help with the dial up configuration. How to be able to create user accounts for people to be able to dial in, connect, and access local servers on the same subnet as the router's ethernet interface. Right now, to access the router for management, is just via telnet with an enable secret password and a line vty password. I don't have a backend AAA dedicated server, I want to do everything, user access wise, on the router itself.