cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dead ASA5505 - help!

jimgurley
Level 1
Level 1

Our office ASA5505v06 croaked yesterday.  No leds or apparent power, although I have confirmed power is getting into the power jack.  Too many unmarked components to reverse engineer the thing.

If I buy a replacement unit from eBay or Amazon, if I swap the CF card between the units, will it transfer all the configuration and license info?  Is the license info tied to a hardware component within the box?  Our unit was originally configured by a consultant who is no longer in the business.  We're a rural medical practice and there is no such thing as local IT help.  Business grinds to a halt without the router.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No console.  Luckily, through the miracle of YouTube, found others with similar problems, and it turned out to be a bad capacitor (C275) in the power supply section of the board.  It did show me that I'm not prepared for a more permanent failure.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First Try console and see what message you getting. if nothing and no boot message means it dead.

you can try this option in the one of forum user resolved.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/firewalls/moving-asa5505-flash-to-new-unit/td-p/2303814

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

No console.  Luckily, through the miracle of YouTube, found others with similar problems, and it turned out to be a bad capacitor (C275) in the power supply section of the board.  It did show me that I'm not prepared for a more permanent failure.