cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deploying Cisco Anyconnect Client not pre-populating profile (preferences.xml)

nickl2001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to package up the new Cisco Anyconnect Secure Mobility Client 3.1.05187 to deploy in SCCM 2012 R2 via OSD task sequence (as system account) and as an msi for logged in users.

I am unable to get our existing host profile containing the server name that our clients require to pre-populate when installing the new client. The deployment guide tells me all I have to do is put the customised "preferences.xml" file in a folder called "Profile" in the directory containing the "anyconnect-win-3.1.05187-pre-deploy-k9.msi" installer.

i have tried this with no luck. I have also put a profile.xml in the root directory. Unsuccessful.

The only sucessful method for USER LOGGED IN is to copy the preferences.xml into "%userprofile%\appdata\local\cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\", but this is not possible at OSD (under system account), and also causes problems doing post user installation as the VPNUI.exe needs to be restarted and this is deeming difficult to do as it does not run as a windows service.

All up the cisco anyconnect is porving a headache for sysadmins everywhere (especially with the bug with latest windows updates).

We require urgent assistance!

0 Replies 0