Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP Issues with Anyconnect

dcanady55
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I upgraded one of my FTDs from 7.0.2 to 7.2.2, and afterwards, when testing VPN, I couldn't get in. After some troubleshooting, I determined that I wasn't receiving an IP address from our internal DHCP server. I setup a local pool on the FTD as a workaround. I have since used Wireshark and saw the discover packets hitting the server, but there's no response. I have restarted services multiple times and rebooted the server with no luck. There's no error in any of the logs I've searched, and I deleted my scope and rebuilt. I have another FTD that points to this same DHCP server, and it's working just fine except that it's still on 7.0.2. Both the DHCP and FTD in question can communicate, as nothing has changed from my original configurations. I'm stuck right now and wondering if there's anything on the FMC or FTD that I'm overlooking. 

Thanks, 

16 Replies 16

I upgraded this past Sunday and now this week I've had 3 nights of unexpected reboots overnight with this particular FTD and software version. I did open a TAC case but 7.2.2 is not looking so good. 

dcanady55
Level 3
Level 3

I wanted to follow up my last post as its been awhile. TAC told me we were running into a SSL bug causing the crash even though we were not using this feature. I have since upgraded to 7.3 as TAC informed me that 7.3 doesn't address the issue head on but they have not seen reports of this bug. I upgraded this past Monday and we have not had any random reboots thus far and my DHCP issue was resolved in 7.3.