Views
Helpful
Replies

Disconnecting WEB SSL VPN client windows 7 to remote windows 7 virtual machine

deejayy38
Level 1
Level 1
Good morning,
          my problem, common to other colleagues who use Windows machines 7 Professional is this:
I connect to WEB SSL VPN Cisco from Client Windows 7 Home Premium Explorer-9 to a virtual machine Windows 7 Professional using a specific professional audience and vpn user. I access the Terminal Services window (attached JPG) with a list of links to virtual machines.I connect to the virtual machine in Remote Desktop Full Screen mode and log in with the same user and password. For the connection is installed an add-type control ActiveX CISCO Portforwarder Control version 3.1.0.1, file name -> cscopf.ocx.

Problem: The session window once inside the virtual machine disappears and disconnect from the virtual machine back in the window of choice of Terminal services available. This always happens and there is no way to maintain a stable connection.With modality not FULL SCREEN, the session window would seem to remain stable but however is impossible to work in a small window.
This problem is raised after the update windows 7 to SP1 both Home premium and Professional. In fact before the update the connection is stable. The update to SP1 update the RDP client microsoft to version 6.1.7601.17154 from version 6.1.7600 but i do not know if this the cause of the problem.
Have you an update of CISCO active-x to fix the problem? I cancelled the file and download the last version but the problem remains.
Workaround: Use local virtual machine with xp or windos 2003 and access form this operating system but I consider absurd to use a local   
                    virtual machine to access a service which should be directed

Note: This problem does not occur if the VPN session to the virtual machine Windows 7 is launched from a host machine running Vista Home Premium with RDP Client 6.0. My previous PC had this OS and I was working in an absolutely stable by performing the same type of connection.
Host Operating System: OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

OS virtual machine accessed via ssl web vpn: OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

Can you help?

Thank you.

Carmelo Orlando

No

2 Replies 2

Rolando Bega
Level 1
Level 1

Similar problem here with WEBVPN client machine equiped with WIN7HomePremium and RDP "server" is WinXP. A WEBVPN client with WIN7Enterprise has no problem. Thanks in advance.

Rolando Bega

The same problem here as well.

I am using a Win7 PC to connect to an Win Vista PC via SSLVPN. Once i logged into the remote PC, the session is disconnected.

Do we have any corrections from Cisco for the moment?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: